So have you heard about all the rumors surrounding The upcoming season of Dancing With the Stars? Or as I like to call it, Dancing With the Forgotten.
Anyways, there have been all sorts of speculating about who will and will not be on the 11th season. First, it was speculated that the show would be riddled with reality stars, known not for any talent, but instead, for their drama. Names were thrown around, Audrina Patridge, Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and Brandy Norwood. Okay, so Brandy obviously has a lot of talent. She’s an actress and singer, but currently she and her brother star in their own reality series. Which basically, showcases their family drama.
They should start calling some of these shows reality drama instead of just reality t.v.
Now, instead of the 20 and 30 somethings dancing their way into America’s homes, it’s being rumored to be stars from 20 to 30 years ago. David Hasselhoff, Florence Henderson, Michael Bolton, Jennifer Grey, Ryan O’Neal and Kirstie Alley.
Of course, if Jennifer Grey was to be on there, she’d blow the competition away. Remember “nobody puts Baby in the corner.” Jennifer didn’t learn how to dance for Dirty Dancing. Just like Patrick Swayze, Jennifer was already a trained dancer before making that movie.
Here is who I would like to see on this season of DWTS:
- David Hasselhoff – he’s been trying to make a comeback lately, what with his return to The Young & The Restless and his recent appearance on Comedy Central’s The Roast of David Hasselhoff. (very funny!)
- Doris Roberts – There is usually always at least one older actress on the show and Doris is such a great actress, I think she could do dancing with the stars with no problem. I’d vote for her. (loved her in Grandma’s Boy)
- Shaquille O’Neal – Who doesn’t love watching Shaq? Whether he’s on the basketball court or on his show Shaq vs., he definitely has a competitive gene. Plus DWTS always, always has an athlete on the show. It would be interesting to see Shaq, as tall as he is, paired up with someone like Cheryl Burke.
- Whoopi Goldberg – ’nuff said.
- Luke Perry – nearly everyone else from Beverly Hill’s 90210 (the original) has appeared on the show, why not another one?
- Alyssa Milano – You gotta have a reason for the guys to watch right? This could be good for Alyssa, with her sitcom Romantically Challenged, not coming back.
- Eric Mabius – I miss looking at him on my t.v. screen since Ugly Betty is no longer on the air.
- Mayim Bialik – Remember Blossom? You know, the show with the girl who wore the big hats and had the best friend who talked a million miles a minute and the two brothers, one of which was great to look at….Whoa!
- Mark Paul Gosselaar – Mark has had a great career since his days on Saved by the Bell, and he is even better looking now than he was 20 years ago. Mario Lopez did it, why not Mark?
- Brandy Norwood – Brandy has already proven her talent as an actress and singer. Now she can show us her dancing and become a triple threat. Plus it gives us someone from the reality t.v. world without having to adjust the tint on our t.v. screens, i.e. Snookie’s orange skin.