You’re the next contestant on The Price is Right!
How many times in your life have you heard those famous words. Most of my life, they were spoken by Bob Barker. Now days, they come from the mouth of Drew Carey. When Barker first retired, I thought no one can replace him. I didn’t think Drew Carey would be a good fit for the show. I was wrong. I think Drew does a great job and in a way, makes the show his own. Of course if I had to choose between the two, I think I’d pick Bob.
But I’m biased.
I went to the same high school as good ole’ Bob. Many decades apart of course. But my hometown has only a handful of famous people who hail from here, so I’m quick to support Bob.
- Bob Barker, a graduate of Springfield’s Senior High School (now Central High) and Drury College (now Drury University). His first job in media was at local radio station KTTS-FM. His first (and only) wife, was his high school sweetheart.
- Brad Pitt, need I say more? A graduate of Kickapoo High School. I have several connections to Brad, but have never met him personally. Darn the luck.
- Jay Kenneth Johnson, best known for his roles on Days of Our Lives as Phillip Kiriakis and Dr. Matthews on Scrubs. He also graduated from Kickapoo High School. I used to work with a guy who was good friends with Jay.
- Lucas Grabeel, co-star of that famous High School Musical francise, is also a graduate of Kickapoo High School. My husband went to school in Rogersville, MO with Lucas’ older sister.
- Johnny Morris, owner of Bass Pro Shops.
- Payne Stewart, a professional golfer who won 3 majors in his lifetime, was a graduate of Greenwood Laboratory School.
Boy, Kickapoo sure does kick out the famous alumni. Of course Central also had Linda Brown, of Brown v Board of Education.
Does your hometown have any famous alumni? Leave a comment and tell all about your famous person or persons.